Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cuivre River

Well hello,

Two weeks of back to back blogging. Thats a first. This last week I was at Cuivre River State Park again spraying invasive garlic mustard. It's pretty boring at times, but its not too bad. I just haul 10 liters of round up through the woods and went on a little hike trying to find the garlic mustard. I don't take pictures while spraying because it's really really boring.

This week at Cuivre, our contact let us have a little fun in the mornings. He told us to fall some trees near a campsite to thin the forest boundary line. I woke up every morning,  rolled out of my sleeping bag, and went and fell some trees. When I fell the trees, I had to buck them up small enough so that the boy scouts that were coming during the weekend could carry them out make fire wood. It was a lot of cutting on one tree, but it wasn't too bad.







Look at all the fire wood I left for the boy scouts to cut.











Taco Tuesday
Running to the lake to swim.

Swimming in the lake




No comments:

Post a Comment