Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day off!

Hey everyone! It's my day off and I'm just sitting around Butte running errands and grabbing supplies. I'm currently sitting in Arby's waiting to use one of four computers that 30 people are fighting over trying to fill out our timesheets. I use a little memoranda booklet to keep track of all my hours. That book is my life, if I lose it, I'm going to be in a bad situation. I type up my timesheet and turn it in at the beginning of each month. This week my team's project was to finish building a 35 foot bridge across a river on an atv trail. The week before we got to Montana, a few other ERTs put in the wood base, measured everything, and had almost all the wood delivered. My team constructed the ramp to the bridge. I've never driven so much rebar in my life. The top of the ramp ended up being about 5 feet high. On the third day of the project, we served with a job corps team based out of Anaconda who helped us unload and transport 4, 1200 pound beams down the half mile trail to where they would be installed. It rained the whole time, leaving everyone soaked. We have about 10 or so more days in Montana before going back to St. Louis. We should be split into teams for a few more days of projects before everyone gets certified to use a chain saw. It is getting cold, and it may even snow tonight. I really hope that doesn't happen. Sleeping in the snow and serving in it doesn't sound like much fun. Tomorrow will be a full month of beard growth. Yeah! I look so good. Once again, I'm on my itouch so I'll upload pictures later. Update you all later. Love Shamucas

No comments:

Post a Comment